Health Update - Warning Graphic Photos!

My mom came down Sunday to stay for a few days to help with the kids and to take care of me too! I was supposed to be at the hospital at 11:00 Monday morning, but I didn't end up going back for surgery until 4:45. My doctor decided to keep me overnight since it was so late. The surgery went well. He did it laparoscopically, with a robot. He said that my uterus, spleen, and everything else looked good. He couldn't see any damage and couldn't see a bruise or even find the spot where the IUD perforated my uterus.

I have two 3/4" incision on each side of my lower abdomen and about a 2" cut right above my belly button. I'm a little more sore than I expected, but my doctor explained that he did basically stick a railroad spike in my belly. It took some time for my oxygen level to stabilize after I woke up, and even then it was on the low side. I had a follow up appointment for my pneumonia on Wednesday, and my oxygen was low and my lungs still sounded junky, so I'm on another 10 days of antibiotics. Luckily it's just oral antibiotics and no more needles though. Mom left this morning and I can't say how much we appreciated all her help. I haven't driven or picked up my kids all week, and hope to make it until Monday without picking Michael up (you know - so I don't split open).

Here are a few pictures of my insides. The little white balls are my ovaries. And the bright pink thing in between them is my uterus. There's also a spleen and either some intestines or some fat in there too. You can click on the picture to make it bigger if you want!

Comments