The Fair - Food and Animals

We started with a couple of rides then it was time to grab some dinner. My favorite fair food is Fiske french fries and a corn dog. I think my girl inherited my discerning taste.Anna and Daniel had corn dogs too, and there may have been some sword fighting.The swords may have turned into wands and it's possible Uncle David was put under several spells, but I couldn't rightly say.Apart from the food and the rides we also went to the fair to see the animals. We saw some of the cattle being shown, passed by the $8.00 pony, camel, and elephant rides, and went into the petting zoo area. Haley was not afraid to feed any of the animals this time.The Hollars spent some time with the sheep.Haley's favorite animal by far was the donkey. Maybe it was because he was just her size and she had good access through his fence, but she really liked this guy.He seemed to like Haley too, I'm sure it had nothing to do with the handful of food she had.Haley even introduced Anna to her new friend!After the animals, we were headed back to the rides and wandered through a tent with some music. Granny danced with the kids a little bit then it was off for more rides.I guess I also need to mention that on the way out of fair we stopped for funnel cakes, but it was touch and go with the kids, so I didn't get a picture. And after that we also got some of the delicious donuts to go and devoured them on the way to the cars!

Comments