That's What She Said

They always say that kids speak the truth, and Haley is definitely not afriad to call it like she sees it. Here are some funny things that Haley's said recently, what was going on and the thoughts that went through my head.

We were at our favorite Mexican restaurant and Haley was putting her spoon in my glass of water and said "Want to watch me stir it, Mommy?" Of course, why would I want to have a real conversation with your father when I could watch you put your dirty spoon into my full glass of water.

We were playing with Haley's kitchen and she was "cooking" me some chicken and rice. She gave me a bowl and a spoon so I pretend to start eating. She put her hand on my shoulder, tilted her head to the side and in all seriousness said "It's not real." That's good because it tastes like air.

I got sweet tea with some fast food one day, and Haley was drinking it. She said "One more sip", about 8 times and then I had a sip and she said, "That's enough. Don't drink it all gone. I'll share with you." How sweet of you to share my drink with me little girl.

I was eating a couple of pieces of leftover Easter candy, and Haley took a piece out of my hand and said, "That's enough. I put it on the counter for you. Need to save some for later." and she walked into the kitchen and put it on the counter. I won't tell you what I was thinking here, because it wasn't very nice!

I ordered some clothes online and was trying them on, Haley was watching and when I put on a pair of shorts she said "Too tight Mama?" Well, I didn't think so , but maybe I need to look in the mirror.

We were eating dinner and Justin was drinking a beer. He was almost done with his first one, so I brought a second one to the table for him. Haley saw both beers on the table and said, "Woah, Daddy has two beers."

If I ever go back to the kitchen to get seconds on anything Haley announces, "Mommy's getting more dinner." Yep, it's no wonder you think my shorts are tight!"

Comments