The Clay Spot

Michael started day care last week, since I went back to work this week. He has been doing pretty well, just not napping great since he likes to sleep on his tummy and Georgia law says daycare providers must put a baby to sleep on their back. So he better figure out how to roll over soon!

Since I was kid-free I made a lunch date with a mom (Jessica) from Haley's school. Her daughter, Emily, is 2 months older than Haley, and her son is 1 month older than Michael. We've talked about getting together for awhile now, but it finally worked out for both of us. We had a really nice lunch and hopefully can get together with the families soon.

After lunch we picked up the girls and went to The Clay Spot to paint some pottery. Haley picked out a rabbit and Emily picked out an owl. And they both got to pick four colors. I looked away to get out my camera and 2 seconds later Haley had all her colors mixed together. And her tongue stuck out in extreme concentration.Emily was a little more structured in her painting and kept all her colors separate.The both took turns cheesing for the camera, although Haley still gave a weird smile and wouldn't look at me.This is Haley's finished rabbit, we can pick it up next week after it "cooks", so I'll post another picture of it then.

Comments