A Crazy Day

It was a weird day at our house yesterday, and I just wanted to make sure I don't forget it. Justin had to go into work for a little while in the morning, so Haley and I were playing in my bedroom. It was around snack time and I gave Haley a Capri Sun, then went to the bathroom. When I walked out I saw she had taken the straw out and was holding the bag upside down squeezing the juice all over our bedroom carpet! I said, Haley, NO, took the juice bag away from her and went to get a towel. I was more concerned about cleaning up than disciplining Haley, but apparently she felt bad about it, because while I was cleaning she started whining and went to her time out spot. I didn't tell her to or anything, she just went there all by herself!

We had a late night Saturday, so Haley needed a morning nap. Justin got home while she was sleeping and then we all had lunch together when she woke up. Justin and I were talking about going to the pumpkin patch and Haley was playing in our room when she decided to shut the door. Then I guess she tried to open it, but turned the lock instead and locked herself and Scooter in our bedroom. We couldn't find a "key" thing, so after trying a couple other things Justin started taking the doorknob off. Haley whined once and asked for Mama, but other than that she didn't seem to mind being by herself. Scooter was at the door whining the whole time though! I went outside to look through the windows to make sure she was ok and I saw that she had pulled out every single toy and every single book we had in our room! Finally Justin got the doorknob off and we were able to "rescue" Haley. Scooter was really excited to be free, but Haley was just annoyed that we made her clean up the mess she made!

After that excitement we did go to the pumpkin patch and had a good time, but Haley was over it fairly quickly. She was getting over tired and really needed another nap, so we came home. I went to put her down and she saw a beach ball in her room. She decided that she desperately needed this huge ball in her crib with her to go to sleep. I decided it was not worth the fight and let her have the ball. She tried to use it as a pillow for awhile and then put her feet on it for awhile, but finally fell asleep with it right by her face. I snuck in and took it out of her crib after she was asleep.

It was a very interesting day for us! I can't believe all the things that can happen with an almost two old. She sure does make life interesting for us!!

Comments