Word of the Day

I realize I haven't been sharing a lot of developmental stuff lately, but today Haley started saying dog. Justin is out of town and I told him on the phone that she was saying dog pretty clearly now and he asked if she was saying it at the right time. And here are the pictures of her displaying her knowledge of the word dog.I took Haley to the store today, because we were completely out of dog food, and I had to buy new eye make up since I had pink eye. They didn't have the kind we usually get, so I bought a different flavor that had a picture of a dog on the bag. As soon as I put the dog food in the cart Haley started saying dog, and kept turning around to look at the picture.When we got home, I put the bag on the floor in the laundry room and she was so drawn to it. She kept saying dog and pointing at it and patting the dog. Then she started putting her cheek against the picture, which is how she loves on our dogs.Some of the other words she says are Dada, Mama, Scooter, Cricket, cracker, water, bottle, bye-bye, ball, and thank you (which she says at day care after she takes a toy away from another child). Of course, these words aren't crystal clear, but they are definitely understandable.

Comments