Fall Afternoons

We've had some pretty nice weather here the last couple of weeks and the "kids" have really enjoyed spending some time outside. This is usually my hint that they want to go out and play.Then the dogs will run around and pretend they see squirrels to chase. Or they just sit motionless, surveying their land, poised to strike anything that moves. Haley likes to watch them. And the commotion when they actually do see a squirrel is very exciting.Very soon though, Haley gets bored and turns to her favorite outside activity: Eating Pinestraw. She's tried grass before too, but once there was a single blade of grass that got caught on the back of her tongue. It was stuck there activating her gag reflex and she puked three times before I saw it and pulled it out. So these days, she seems to stick to pinestraw and doesn't really try to eat it, but just likes putting it in her mouth.After awhile she'll get bored with that and decide to come disturb entertain me. She'll climb on me or walk around behind me holding onto my shirt for balance, or fall into my lap trusting that I'll catch her. Or she'll just hold on and love me for a few seconds before she tries to get my phone or camera or anything that I might be holding.

Comments

Jennifer Gideon said…
I have to meet this little mini-Justin one day!! She is so cute!!! ...And turning into such a BIG GIRL!!!