Weekend Trip - Sept 17-20

We went up to Columbia, so that Justin and I could go to the Clemson game and our families could see Haley. We decided at the last minute to leave Thursday night, so we got there around midnight after the longest drive ever, through non stop rain. We tried to sleep in Friday morning, but Haley was up early ready to play. Friday we visited with Justin's grandparents and then my brother came over for dinner at my parent's house. We didn't get to see my extremely pregnant sister because Anna had Swine Flu. She didn't feel too bad though - really just had a fever and no other complaints. Eric got treated too, b/c if Sara went in labor and he had the flu he wouldn't be allowed to go to the hospital with her! So we missed seeing them, but were glad Anna felt ok and no one else got sick.

We got up early Saturday to go to the game and Haley got ready to spend the day with Susiebell. They had a really good time playing with Arrie, going for a walk, going to the store, and checking out one of Tara's old dolls. It was my first big event away from Haley on a weekend and we both did great. Susiebell even took a few pictures for me to document their adventures!
We had more rain on the way to the game, a little before the game, more downpours during the game, and it rained half way back to Columbia too. But we still had a good time. We met up with Ryan and Amie and went to the first half of the game. Then we went out for a beer at half time and were under the tent when it started raining, so that's where we stayed. We hung out with the Carrolls and Mr. Lloyd and finally decided to hit the road after the 2nd lightening delay. I took exactly one picture before my camera died, and I'll have you know that the minivan is an amazing tailgater!And here are a few pics of my sweet girl playing, making funny faces, and standing up by herself. It was great to see some friends and family and we'll be back soon - hopefully the rain will be gone by then.

Comments