New Foods

We've started giving Haley some new foods lately and her reaction to anything new is pretty funny. Justin bought some of the canned meat baby food and Haley was not a fan of that. Below is when we gave her the ham flavor.She ate about 3 bites and then refused to open her mouth anymore.

Last night we made her some toast and put a little mango baby food on it to soften it up. She usually likes mango, but she was not a fan of it last night. She picked up a few pieces and then tried to drop them, but they stuck to her hand so she tried to wipe them off on the highchair tray. Then I fed her a piece and she started gagging as soon as it touched her lips - it wasn't even in her mouth and she acted like we were trying to poison her!She ended up eating a couple of pieces that I gave her and she fed herself 2 pieces too, but mostly just liked rubbing it all over the highchair! It's so funny how she hates something before she's even tasted it - but I guess that's what I get after being such a picky eater for years and years.

Comments

The Baur Family said…
Can't say that I blame her for not liking that baby food meat. Just looking at it used to make me gag! That stuff is nasty! ;)
Anonymous said…
Sounds like child abuse to me :)
Sue