My Other Babies

I spend a lot of time talking about Haley on this blog, so I thought I'd spend some time on my other babies. I took Cricket and Scooter to the vet for their yearly shots last week. There were two labs in the waiting room when we got there, so we sat across the room and right by the door. Of course my puppies both enjoyed looking out the door and barking at anything that moved.
Then a man and a big yellow lab came out from the exam rooms and his dog wasn't on a leash. The dog came right towards us - it was a male dog, so Cricket just sniffed him and tried to be friendly. Scooter on the other hid under the bench, stuck his head out between my legs, and barked and growled ferociously at the poor dog. I finally got him to come out and sit on my lap, but he was still a little panicked, can you tell?
Then we went back for the exams and shots. They both had blood drawn, were given two shots, and were poked and prodded where the sun don't shine.
Cricket got a glowing review - she just has a lump on her belly that is probably a fat deposit, but we will keep an eye on it because it is right along her mammary. Scooter, on the other hand, needs his teeth cleaned and needs to lose a few pounds. Cricket weighed in at 48.6 pounds and Scooter was 28.6 - the vet would like to see Scooter at no more than 25 pounds.

I guess we'll have to cut out the table scraps that he gets, which is fine with me because he makes a mess anyway. We gave them some leftover taco meat the other night, by dumping a little bit in their bowls on top of their food. Scooter takes a mouthful out of the bowl and puts in on the floor so that he can pick out all the meat. But he doesn't eat the rest of the dog food, so he leaves little mouthfuls of dog food all over the floor.

Comments