I never thought it would be so easy

I don't know if it's because of how completely she loves me - how her face lights up when I walk into a room - how she strains to look around the corner if I'm hiding from her - how just holding her close and patting her back calms her down - how she reaches out and grabs my lip when I pick her up each afternoon - like she can't really believe it's me - she doesn't care that I'm fat or bossy or my hair is greasy because I haven't showered in two days. She loves me completely.

She's so easy to love right now - my heart swells with pride, with joy, with love, with ... well, my heart just swells when I look at her. Even when she poops right after I change her or spits up all over herself as soon as she gets out of the bath tub - she is SO easy to love. She doesn't judge me or complain about me - she just wants me and loves me.

I hope I always remember how much I love her right now - when she is 3 and having another meltdown in public or when she's 10 and wants to dress like a teenager or when she is a teenager and I embarrass her or when she's 16 and thinks she knows everything and thinks she doesn't need me anymore

Will I always love her this much? - I mean do my parents love me as much as I love her - I mean I love my parents and my family and friends and especially my husband, but this is just a different kind of love - it's just so easy to love her!

Comments