Three Months: Feb 18 - March 18

Our third month with Haley was the best one yet. We continued to supplement with formula giving her 2 ozs around lunch time and 4 ozs before bedtime. She continued gaining weight and weighed in at 9 lbs 11 ounces at the end of the month.
Being a happy girl

Enjoying a book

The biggest change this month was moving Haley to her crib. We started out by moving the recliner into her room and we slept there for a week – preparing for the big move. We knew we would have to let her cry some and I cried the whole day just thinking about it. But of course she handled it much better than I did. She did cry some, but not for more than 10 minutes at a time, she woke up every 3 hours still, but slept pretty decently in between. I on the other hand spent most of the night watching her on the video monitor, and only slept for a total of about 2 hours. The next night she went down without a peep and didn’t really cry at all. She fussed some, but not for more than 10 minutes and not enough for me to go comfort her. The next few nights she fussed for less than 5 minutes and started sleeping for 5-7 hours at a time! We had a good bedtime routine worked out and she was sleeping much better – my biggest problem then was getting Cricket and Justin back on their side of the bed!

Haley has a long stretching routine after she wakes up.

Lucky girl has her Daddy's eyelashes

Some of Haley’s favorite things this month were staring at the clock or ceiling fan, and watching March Madness on TV. She also became obsessed with her hands. She loves to look at them, suck on them and look at them some more. She also found her ears and rolled over for the first time. One of my favorite things that she started this month was grabbing my finger when nursing. She would hold one finger and squeeze and release it, almost like she was “pumping” milk from me. It made me feel like the milk wagon, but it was also really sweet and pretty cute, if I do say so myself!
Eating her hands

Working on rolling over

Comments