Mama Bear

It's pretty interesting for me to see how my protective instincts have kicked in since I became a mom. Take for instance the French couple that KNOWINGLY took their young child into pirate infested waters off the coast of Somalia - even after their government warned them against it. Luckily the little boy survived being held captive, but now will have to grow up without a father. It just blows my mind that any parents would that.

I had the same feeling when talking about the $2000 cars being manufactured in India - how could any parent feel good about driving one of these after seeing the crash test and how this car was destroyed.

And this morning after the death of a 23 month old boy in Texas from the Swine Flu - I've been reading everything I can about this World Health Emergency. I keep checking to see if any cases have been reported close to here. I keep wondering about last night when it took an hour and a half and some Tylenol to get Haley back to sleep after she woke up. Is she OK - should I take her to the doctor and have her tested for swine flu? After all, we did eat at a Mexican restaurant for lunch this weekend.

Before I was a mom I never would have really thought about these things and now I see things so differently.

Comments