Big News!!!

Hello! Just wanted to let you all know that I’m pregnant!! I’m about 11 weeks along and due December 28th. I’ve been feeling pretty good – just had a few days where I felt yucky for awhile, but I never got sick or anything. This past week food has actually started to be appealing again – before that nothing sounded good (except ice cream and French fries!) and I had to force myself to eat other stuff. I’ve been pretty tired, so I usually just lay on the bed for an hour or so until Justin gets home from work. Justin has been wonderful – he’s dealt with my emotional breakdowns, he’s helped more with cooking and cleaning and he hasn’t complained once about me being lazy when I get home from work.

I had my first doctor appointment on May 6th and they did an ultrasound – I measured 6W2D and we could see the heartbeat – the heart rate measured at 125. We did a history and blood and urine labs and that was about it. My second appointment was June 3rd and they did another ultrasound – and the difference was amazing. At the first ultrasound the baby was pretty much just a spot (5mm long) and this time we could see the head and legs and hands and even each finger and thumb. We could see the eyes and mouth and the heartbeat was just thumping away – it measured 163 this time. At first the baby was just laying there and the only thing moving was the heartbeat and then all of the sudden the baby just jumped and then it started kicking it’s legs and stretching it’s arms and it tried to do a somersault – it was so amazing that this tiny little baby (4.5 cm long) has all these body parts and moves around and everything. I measured 11W1D, which was about 6 days further than where I should have been based on the first ultrasound – the baby was also in the 95th % for length, so my “real” due date might be around the 22nd. They said the age of the first ultrasound is usually the most accurate, so they won’t change my due date, but it should be pretty much right around Christmas.

We tried for all of one month, so it was a pretty big shock that it happened so quick. We found out the day after I got back from my grandfather’s funeral in Missouri (after I had been boozing it up with my family for a week). Which is pretty weird, because I'd had thoughts about being pregnant and the "Circle of Life" and all that while I was in Missouri. I told my boss yesterday and it went fine. He actually has a daughter with a Christmas birthday, which is kind of neat. As long as things go well I plan on working the whole time and will probably take 10-11 weeks off after it's born. As of now we aren’t going to find out the sex and it will just be a surprise at the birth – which could be tough, but will be fun in the end.
That’s about it for now –
Love, Jill

Comments